FYI: This is My 2nd Blog

Hi there! You're here at my second blog where I do interviews and book reviews.

In case you're looking for my 1st blog, where I share my IWSG posts and other musings, just go to "The Musings of a Hopeful & Pecunious Wordsmith, SittieCates".

Monday, December 2, 2013

Book Review: Twins Under the Christmas Tree by Marin Thomas


"… dreams only come true if you never stop dreaming." ~ Conway Cash, Twins Under the Christmas Tree

Twins Under the Christmas Tree by Marin Thomas is a delightful, feel-good, romantic tale that brings you to the world of Isi Lopez and Conway Twitty Cash. They have different responsibilities and goals, but both evince a silent wish to find their own true partners in life.

Conway’s unequivocal goal was evident from the start: He wanted to tie the knot with “the one” who’s meant for him, but he doesn’t want children to be in the picture. Blissfully married but child-free - that seemed like a good solution for him. There would be no dangling threads to undo that would bind him to his past and make him live in the shadows of his dad.

As the tale progresses, I am introduced to a set of secondary characters which include Conway’s family and Isi's twin four-year-old sons, Miguel and Javier. I like how Miguel and Javier’s personalities unfold on the page. It was also amusing to see how Conway steps in, offering to take charge of them (while Isi attends to her studies and work) as his way of reparation for an accident that happened earlier in the story. That’s when things get complicated, but that’s also when things fall into place.

If you've been following this blog, you'll see that I had the opportunity to interview Marin Thomas a few days ago. This is why I can say that her positive take on life, hopes and reaching dreams is apparent in this book. The story introduces and acknowledges the idea that while you may have fears or doubts, you can also make things work if you’re willing to do so. The book is a delightful read; some readers may (even) be able to relate to its story because it echoes the prayer of many who also wish to find “the one”.(OK. I'm guilty. My sentiments exactly. But that's not part of my review. :-) So, let's move on, shall we?)

If you'd like to know more about the book, and you're looking for a romance story devoid of heavy drama and equipped, instead, with an inspirational take on happiness, love and family, why not grab a copy at Amazon? It may be just what you're looking for now that the holiday season is upon us.

Happy holidays, everyone! ♥ I'll see you next post. :-)

2 comments:

  1. A review to be proud of for both you and Ms. Thomas. It's just tantalizing and revealing enough to make me check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Sue Starlight! It is such a delight to see you visit this site again. I'm glad you like the review. Thank you for taking the time to read the post and leave a comment. Happy holidays! :-)

      Delete